Wednesday, September 9, 2009

All I want to do is have some fun...no seriously

I began recording "A New Life" in New Jersey in the summer of '07. After over 2 years of shining, burning, spider-web-like thoughts holding hostage my brain and all my free time, I can safely say that I'm starting to make my way free. And just Rapunzel coerced a man to rescue her from her crazy tower of fear and isolation by revealing oodles and oodles of long flowing hair, so shall I seduce the world to climb up into my own tower and have a listen to my songs. I've been growing out my hair for a long time and it is reeaaallly getting somewhere. it's almost to the top of my jeans. WHAT? I know, crazy. People have already been climbing up it, it's insane. And you know honestly, it doesn't hurt as much as you'd think it would.

This whole process of making CD and sharing CD and figuring out how to get CD into right place at right time, etc. has been so much about faith, trust and patience that I've so often stopped in the middle and asked myself "really? is that really what we're working with here? where's the blood and guts?" So out of confusion, blood and guts were generated time and time again, but always I've been reminded to have faith in Music, trust the Love that is showing itself and have patience. Patience. Patience in every good idea that I can't see but can feel emerging
and patience for, you know... me.

What a fun time. Fun and awful, and new.

There's a bad moon on the rise.

No comments: